Erectile dysfunction also known as impotence is one of the most troubling medical condition for men. It is characterized by repeated inability to develop or maintain an erection during sexual activity.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
It is sometimes called as ED or impotence. It is the total inability to achieve an erection, an inconsistent ability to do so or a tendency to sustain only brief erections.
What are the Causes of Erectile Dysfunction?
The following are the causes of erectile dysfunction:
- Unhealthy lifestyle such as smoking, drinking and eating unhealthy diet.
- Aging: It is four times more common in older men (aged in their 60's).
- Neurogenic disorders and Cavernosal disorders.
- Psychological causes such as stress, anxiety and mental disorders.
- Kidney failure or diseases like diabetes mellitus and multiple sclerosis.
- Sometimes drugs like antidepressants may lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Poor blood flow to the penis.
- Surgery may leads to erectile dysfunction.
What is the Mechanism of an Erection?
An erection begins in the brain. Sexual thoughts and stimuli send a signal down to the penis via nervous system. This signals causes release of series of chemicals in the penis. Due to the release of these chemicals, spongy like tissue in the penis gets filled with blood and causes an erection.
Is Erectile Dysfunction a Normal Part of Aging?
No, erectile dysfunction is not a part of normal aging but it is more common in older men because they may need more stimulation to achieve an erection. Normally, older men can still be able to get an erection.
Can Erectile Dysfunction be Prevented?
By maintaining healthy lifestyle, erectile dysfunction can be prevented. By reducing the risk factors for heart disease such as by maintaining desirable weight, by avoiding alcohol or smoking, by eating balanced diet, by keeping healthy blood pressure etc, erectile dysfunction can be prevented.
What are the Treatment Options Available for Erectile Dysfunction?
Treatment of any disease depends upon the cause of a disease. Erectile dysfunction can be treated by several methods such as oral medications, surgery, sex therapy and penile injections.
What is the Effect of Exercise on Erectile Dysfunction?
Regular exercise helps maintain healthy body. Exercise like walking, running, swimming and other forms of aerobic exercise helps prevent erectile dysfunction.
Ayurveda is an oldest healthcare system that maintains all the three doshas (vata, pitta and kapha) of the body in order to support overall health of the body in a natural way.
In Ayurveda, "Apaanavayu" is one of the five types of vayu which is located in the urinary bladder, testicles, phallus, umbilicus, thighs, groin, anus and colon. Vayu helps in ejaculation of semen, voiding of urine and stools.
Sushruta (text on Ayurveda) explains the process of erection and ejaculation as: when a man has desire for sex, then his response to touch increases. This happens because vayu located in the skin causes the signals to flow from skin to brain and causes sensation of touch.
Herbal Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
Planet Ayurveda provides "Tribulus Power Pack" for for ayurvedic treatment erectile dysfunction. The pack contains 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian products.
It contains Tribulus power, Atirasadi churna, Chander prabha vati, Shilajit capsules, Tri-bull oil and Amogh Passion Oil in it.
Dosage / Usage
- Tribulus Power - Two capsules, two times a day with plain water after meals.
- Atirasadi Churna - One teaspoonful two times a day with plain water or milk after meals.
- Chanderprabha vati - Two tablets two times a day with plain water after meals.
- Shilajit capsules - 1 capsules two times a day with plain water after meals.
- Tri-bull oil - Follow instructions on the packing. Once every alternate day.
- Amogh Passion Oil: The appropriate quantity of oil may be massaged once a day or as directed by the physician.
To buy Tribulus Power Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/tribulus-power-pack.