NATURAL TREATMENT FOR KIDNEY FAILURE
Kidneys are the main organs responsible for the elimination of waste products from the body in the form of urine. Its accessory functions include RBC formation (erythropoiesis), maintenance of blood pressure and electrolyte balance.
Kidneys are the vital organs of the human body. Their normal and proper working is quintessential to health. When due to certain congenital or acquired factors, kidneys are not able to work properly and there occurs a progressive accumulation of toxins in the body. The symptoms of such toxicity include lethargy, edema, confusion, abnormal heart rhythms etc.
Kidney Failure - Acute or Chronic?
Kidney failure in the literal sense means a loss of kidney function in which all processes related to the kidneys are compromised. This is an emergency condition and requires immediate action. Kidney failure has been categorized into two types depending up on the onset of the disease which may be either sudden or gradual.
Acute Renal Failure (ARF)
Acute renal failure is a sudden loss of kidney function leading to an alarmingly high levels of toxic chemicals in the blood. The good thing is that it is a reversible process but it requires immediate attention.
Causes of ARF (Acute Renal Failure)
It may occur due to:
- A reduced blood flow to the kidneys like in case of severe dehydration, heart diseases, Blood pressure medications etc.
- Damaged within the kidneys - Toxins, vasculitis, certain medicines, SLE (systemic lupus erythematous), cholesterol deposits in the blood vessels of the kidney etc.
- Blockage post the kidney system or post renal problems affecting the movement of urine out of the body. These include - bladder cancer, prostate cancer, cervical cancers, kidney stones, nerve damage etc.
Chronic Renal Failure
It involves a progressive loss of kidney function, which may occur over a period of time. The time duration to develop a certain degree of renal impairment varies from, person to person and the health of the patient in general. The loss of function is so gradual that it sometimes goes undetected for a long time, until then, serious damage to the kidney has already occurred.
Causes of CRF (Chronic Renal Failure)
The most common causes of chronic renal failure are the two type of Diabetes - type - 1 & 2 and Hypertension.
Besides other factors include many medical conditions that are affecting the kidneys like:-
- Recurrent kidney infections causing pyelonephritis.
- Poly cystic kidney disease
- Renal stones causing stasis of the waste material in the kidneys.
- Medications that are harmful to the kidneys, excessive use of these leads to the development of pathology.
- Hardening of the arteries.
- Blockage in the urinary system.
Diet in Renal Failure
Renal failure patients need to be very specific about the food they are eating. There has to be a precise check on the amount of proteins, sodium, potassium, calcium and phosphorus that is being consumed as any excess will lead to higher levels of these elements in blood causing toxic symptoms and serious damage to the various body tissues.
It is recommended here that the dietary recommendations do not vary much in case of either acute or chronic renal failure. However, the diet chart should be formulated, keeping in mind other primary or secondary health problems that a person is dealing with apart from renal failure.
- Protein Intake - The dietary requirement is different for different people, so there cannot be a set guideline for the amount of protein that should be consumed by such patients. Consult your dietician and formulate a diet plan accordingly.
- Phosphorus Intake - High phosphorus levels in blood cause bone resorption and damage the blood vessels. Foods like whole grains, dairy products, nuts, beans, colas etc. have very high phosphorus content and should be avoided.
- Sodium Intake - High blood sodium causes elevated blood pressure levels and water retention in the body. In case of renal failure, the kidneys are not able to excrete out the extra sodium produced by the kidneys. The recommended dosage should not exceed more than 2gm/ day. When going for a salt substitute avoid the ones containing potassium. Renal failure patients need to regulate both these minerals in diet.
- Potassium Intake - Elevated potassium levels in blood can cause heart problems and disrupt cardiac rhythm. Try and consume foods with low potassium content. Avoid bananas, oranges, lime, potato, bran etc. which are rich in potassium. For patients on regular dialysis, these recommendations may vary and a personalized diet chart may be required for a proper diet scheme.
- Water Intake - Drink ample amounts of water, good enough to keep the body well hydrated. It is not recommended to overdo the process though. Drinking water over and above the normal drinking capacity can cause stomach upset and nausea.
- If you are diabetic, check your blood sugar levels.
- Apart from water, be careful to measure the amount of fluid that you are consuming in the form of beverages.
- Avoid alcohol and quit smoking if you are habitual of the two.
- For protein replacement egg whites are a good option. For vegetarians, green gram and pink lentils can be safely consumed.
- Fresh fruit juices are good. If you are looking to avoid potassium, orange juice and lime juices are not recommended. Apple juice can however be consumed.
Patients of renal failure tend to suffer from a loss of appetite. Therefore, it is very important to chart out a diet regimen for renal failure patients and to make them stick to it. Renal failure is an emergency condition and one should not allow malnutrition to become another reason for worsening of the symptoms.
Herbal Remedies for Kidney Failure
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Revive Kidneys Pack for natural treatment of kidney failure. These herbal remedies are very helpful in avoiding kidney transplant and dialysis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Varunadi Vati - 2 Tablets, thrice daily with plain water after meals.
- Mutrakrichantak Churna - 1 Teaspoonful twice daily with water and for best result Boil 1 Teaspoonful in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. Filter the preparation with a regular tea strainer and drink. You should use this once in morning 45min. after breakfast and similarly in evening 45min. after dinner. Prepare fresh every time as per this.
- Rencure Formula - 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Punarnava Mandur - 2 Tablets, thrice daily with plain water after meals.
To buy Revive Kidneys Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/revive-kidneys-pack