WHAT IS RHEUMATIC HEART DISEASE?
Rheumatic heart disease is a rare form of heart disease that typically impacts children. It is caused by having rheumatic fever, which itself is a complication from the strep throat bacteria. Rheumatic fever is a serious illness that can follow strep throat, a condition in which a sore throat is caused by a certain type of streptococcal bacteria (group A beta hemolytic streptococci, or GABHS). The term "rheumatic heart disease" refers to the chronic heart valve damage that can occur after a person has had an episode of acute rheumatic fever. Acute rheumatic fever often produces inflammation of the heart (carditis). This carditis affects virtually all parts of the heart - the pericardial, or exterior, surface of the heart (pericarditis); the heart muscle itself (myocarditis); and the endocardial, or interior, surface of the heart (endocarditis).
Symptoms of Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Swollen, tender, red and extremely painful joints
- Red, raised, lattice-like rash, usually on the chest, back, and abdomen
- Weight loss
- Nodules over swollen joints
- Uncontrolled movements of arms, legs, or facial muscles
- Weakness and shortness of breath
- Stomach pains
Diagnosis of Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Physical Examination – while a heart murmur may suggest RHD, many patients with RHD do not have a murmur including evidence of past ARF or strep infection to check for enlargement of the heart or fluid on the lungs
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) – to check if the chambers of the heart have enlarged or if there is an abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Echocardiogram – to check the heart valves for any damage or infection and assessing if there is heart failure.
- This is the most useful test for finding out if RHD is present.
Effects of Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Rheumatic fever can occur at any age, but usually occurs in children five to 15 years old.
- Rheumatic fever, an inflammatory disease, can affect many connective tissues, especially in the heart, joints, skin, or brain.
- Rheumatic fever causes heart damage - particularly scarring of the heart valves - forcing the heart to work harder to pump blood and may eventually cause congestive heart failure.
Herbal Remedies for Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Keep diabetes under control: If you have diabetes, avoid sugar and sweets, tight blood sugar control can help reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Eat healthy foods: A healthy diet based on fruits and vegetables. Consume fresh fruits, vegetables, onions, cocoa, and chocolate are a beneficial ingredients which helps to reduce the risk of rheumatic heart diseases.
- Healthy diet can help you control your weight, blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Have an Amla every day. Rich in vitamin C, it would prevent any heart disease.
- Grape juice is very effective for heart patients and it helps in resolving heart problems.
- Daily exercise or walk can helps you achieve and maintain a healthy weight and control diabetes, elevated cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Manage Stress: Reduce stress as much as possible. Practice muscle relaxation and deep breathing.
- Oranges and Strawberries are also a good source of fiber and potassium, both are important for healthy heart.
- Stop Smoking and alcohol: It is a major risk factor for heart disease.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight increases your risk of heart disease.
Herbs for Rheumatic Heart Disease
Planet Ayurveda recommends the Heart Care Pack for the treatment of rheumatic heart disease. These herbs reduce the chances of any rheumatic heart disease. It is very effective treatment for rheumatic heart disease.
- Total Heart Support: 2 capsules, twice daily
- Arjuna Tea: 1 Cup, twice daily
- Arjuna Capsules: 2 capsules, twice daily
1. Arjun Tea
Arjun tea is the combination of purely herbal ingredients. Arjun tea is most effective treatment for blood pressure and heart problems. It provides strength to the heart and also promotes healing. Arjun tea is the combination of purely herbal ingredients. It easy to consume and it has no side effects.
2. Total Heart Support
It is effective and natural treatment for rheumatic heart disease, heart failure, heart disease. These capsules are 100% vegetarian, purely herbal supplement and without any side effects. The blockage of rheumatic arteries can be cleared with the help of this natural remedy. Total heart support capsules are an Ayurvedic herb. It is best herbal remedy for heart care.
3. Arjuna Capsules
Arjuna capsules are 100% vegetarian capsules and without any chemicals. It is free from side effects. It keeps high cholesterol, blood pressure and various heart problems under control. Arjuna is excellent herbal heart care remedy. Arjuna capsules very useful natural care for various heart disease. It is very effective herb for blocked rheumatic arteries.
To buy Heart Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/heart-care-pack