Ulcerative Colitis is distinguished by scarring, blotching and inflammation of large intestine which causes bloody diarrhoea. The prime reason for ulcerative colitis is still unrevealed.
Following are the Three Major Factors which Causes Ulcerative Colitis:-
- Autoimmune disorder
- Environmental factors
- Genetic Factor
- Being a chronic ailment, the symptoms of ulcerative colitis develops over the years.
The Prime Ulcerative Colitis Symptoms include:-
- Severe abdominal pain and cramps
- Rectal bleeding
- Loss of appetite
- Liver ailments
- Bloody diarrhoea
- Weight loss
Ulcerative Colitis Diet
Balanced nutritional diet plays vital role in stomach ailments as it manages the symptoms of ulcerative colitis, which is most needed for healthy guts. Proper diet regimen definitely brings symptomatic relief in ulcerative colitis as it manages the condition.
- Drink green tea, herbal tea, tulsi tea instead of black tea, coffee and alcohol.
- Vegetarian food like steamed Bottle Gourd, Pointed Gourd and Loofah, protein rich food like eggs, soy, peanut butter and vegan food like almond milk, soy cheese, soy milk, goat's milk and coconut milk works wonders.
- Drink one cup of Pomegranate juice before lunch. Drink plenty of boiled water as ulcerative colitis causes dehydration.
- Opt for fruits like apples, pears, banana etc. These work wonderfully in healing.
- Include more Omega 3 fatty acid in diet as it has anti-inflammatory properties. Carrot, flaxseed or flaxseed oil, sunflower seed helps in reducing the inflammation.
- Since bloody diarrhoea and bleeding ulcers may cause anaemia and fatigue, eat iron and folate rich food like spinach and raisins to boost up the blood iron levels.
- Soft mashed food is beneficial as it prevents the irritation to digestive tract. Puffed rice, mashed Potatoes, brown rice and oatmeal are the some of the soft bland foods.
- Include vitamin E, vitamin C rich food like almond, walnut, and sweet potatoes, bell pepper as they are very powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant nutrients, quickens healing process and reduces swelling.
- Better to avoid citrus fruits like oranges, lemon as these increases heat and may present with symptoms of acidity and burning feeling in chest, abdomen.
Herbal Remedies for Ulcerative Colitis by Planet Ayurveda
Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack is a combination of various herbal remedies, which are found to be effective by so many ayurvedic doctors all over the world. The combination is made and endorsed by many renowned ayurvedic experts from various countries. This combination not only helps to control bleeding, but also stops the fermentation, pain, discomfort, heals the ulcers and restores health. The combo pack includes 4 herbal remedies such as Kutazghan Vati, Pitta Balance, Arjuna and Vatsakadi Churna.
1. Arjuna Capsules
It's obtained from the extract of Arjun tree bark that contains natural alkaloids, a natural treatment for heart problems. Arjun has very unique, slow but steady action in heart ailments. It improves pumping capacity of heart and cardiac muscle strength.
It is very useful for the health ailments such as blood pressure, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, diabetes, chronic angina and deep vein thrombosis. It has anti-genotoxic and antioxidant properties. It is an effective natural remedy for major heart conditions such as blocked coronary arteries, congestive heart failure, circulatory problems and metabolic diseases.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily after meals, with plain water.
2. Vatsakadi Churna
It is the most effective formula for Ulcerative Colitis. It is an excellent mixture of various herbal extracts like Saunf, Bilva, Dhania, Anaar, Choti Elaichi and Jaiphal which works in synergistic manner to restore the balance of various metabolic reactions.
It is an excellent mixture of various herbal extracts that helps in digestion, prevents indigestion and gas formation. Being natural antibiotic, anti-spasmodic it treats gas, irregular digestion, flatulence, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, crohn's disease and ensures proper functioning of stomach and intestine. It improves tone and regulates movement of intestine.
Dosage: 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after meal.
3. Pitta Balance
It is a wonderful combination of cooling herbs and natural calcium compounds which restores the pitta imbalance. It is comprised of six herbs Praval Pishti, Jahar Mohra Pishti, Kamdush Ras, Mukta Pishti and Giloy Satv that restores vata, reduces pitta.
It manages blood pressure, body heat, palpitation, heart burn, acidity, ulcers and skin diseases. Being rich in calcium, it improves PMS and bone density. It also treats piles, premature greying of hair, hair loss, fatigue and tiredness. It produces cooling effect on mind and helps in calming anger, frustration, aggression and negative emotions.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meal.
4. Kutazghan Vati
These tablets are concentrated extracts of the barks of Kutaz tree which is an excellent remedy to treat all sort of diarrhoea caused due to inflammatory bowel diseases, colitis or infective diarrhoea. It burns out the toxins, mucus to prevent inflammation and fermentation seen inside the intestine and heals the ulcers.
It is beneficial for intestinal ailments and conditions like dysentery, excessive diarrhoea as it has a strong anti-dysentery properties. It is an effective remedy to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome and ulcerative colitis as it regulates the functions of intestine.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meal.
To buy Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/ulcerative-colitis-care-pack