Diabetes can hit anyone at any stage of life and the number of people suffering from diabetes is growing with every new day. It has covered a large no. of the population worldwide. Diabetes currently is one of the major cause of blindness, heart stroke and amputations. Diabetes along with it brings the financial, emotional and physical burden with it.
WHAT IS DIABETES?
Diabetes is defined as a group of diseases in which the body's ability to utilize blood sugar is impaired. This condition arises due to the problem with the hormone insulin. Insulin is a hormone released by the pancreas which helps body to use and store glucose from food eaten. As we know that glucose is an important source of energy for cells that make muscles and tissues. But when this insulin is not released or not released in proper amount or body's cells are not able to respond to insulin appropriately diabetes occur.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF DIABETES?
Diabetes can be of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes - It is also called juvenile diabetes as it usually occurs at teenage or in children, though it can occur at any age. It is a more severe form of diabetes. It occurs when the body fails to produce insulin and one have to take insulin from outside. So it is also called insulin-dependent diabetes.
- Type 2 Diabetes - It occurs when the body fails to recognize insulin. In this type, the pancreas does produce insulin but the body becomes resistant to it. This more common than type 1. Obesity is one of the major cause for it.
- Gestational Diabetes - Gestational diabetes usually occurs in pregnant women and resolves after childbirth. It occurs because due pregnancy cells become sensitive to insulin. it does not occur in all the women.
WHAT ARE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF DIABETES?
Some of the common symptoms of diabetes are:
- Hunger and fatigue - body takes energy from glucose and in any of the type of diabetes glucose do not reaches cells, as either insulin is not produced or cells are resistant to it. This causes hunger and fatigue.
- Increased urination - generally body reabsorbs the glucose from kidneys but in diabetes, the case is not the same. So there is the increased frequency for urination.
- Increased thirst - due to increased urination, thirst is increased.
- Dryness of mouth - due to increased urination body becomes dehydrated and dry. Dryness of skin causes itching too.
- Blurred vision - changing levels of fluids in the body causes the lens of eyes to swell. This changes their shape and ability to focus.
- Unexplained weight loss
- Delayed healing
- Frequent infection
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF DIABETES?
- Cause of Type 1 Diabetes - Genetic and environmental factors are responsible for this type of diabetes. The immune system of the body, which works to fight against noxious agents causing disease starts kills cells of the pancreas. This results in secretion of little or no insulin which leads to the building of sugar in the bloodstream.
- Cause of Type 2 Diabetes - In this type cells of the body becomes resistant to insulin. Overweight or obesity is one of the major cause of type 2 diabetes.
- Cause of Gestational Diabetes - During pregnancy placenta releases certain hormones to maintain pregnancy. This results in decreased sensitivity of cells to insulin ultimately resulting in building up of glucose in cells and causing diabetes.
WHAT ARE THE RISK FACTORS FOR DIABETES?
- Family history
- Environmental factors
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Abnormal level of triglyceride.
HOW IS DIABETES DIAGNOSED?
Oral Glucose Tolerance Test - In this patient have to fast for at least eight hours before undergoing the test. And then before two hours of test patient is given a glucose drink to have and then test is conducted. If the results show 140-199 mg/dl blood sugar level than the person is a prediabetic and if the blood sugar level is more than 200 mg/dl than a person is diabetic. Diabetes is confirmed by repeating the test on another day.
WHAT COMPLICATIONS CAN POSE IN DIABETES?
Complications depend upon the duration for which a person had diabetes and level of uncontrolled diabetes. Some of the major complications are listed below:
- Kidney damage (nephropathy)
- Eye damage (retinopathy)
- Nerve damage (neuropathy)
- Diabetic foot
- Skin conditions including fungal and bacterial infections.
- Hearing impairment
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR DIABETES?
It is important to manage your diabetes as it will make you feel good when you are hydrated, energetic, wounds will heal faster, and it will also decrease chances of heart stroke, blurred vision, and other diabetic complications. Being a diabetic patient few measures you can take to lead a better life:
- Stress can take your blood sugar to higher levels. So to combat stress you try walking, gardening, deep breathing, or listening to your favorite music. If you feel depressed you can talk to someone in your family or friend, sharing things and talking about your problem can make you feel better.
- Diet plays an important role in increasing or decreasing your blood sugar level. So eat wisely. Eat less calories, more fruits, drink water instead of soda.
- Sedentary lifestyle and obesity are one of the major cause of diabetes. Staying more active in your day to day life can prove beneficial for you. Start with 10 minutes' walk and increase gradually.
- Take care of your feet. Check your feet daily for any cut or blister. Keep feet clean and always wear slippers or shoes do not roam around barefoot.
- Brush your teeth and floss as it will maintain your oral health.
- Keep a check on your blood sugar and if you are a hypertensive patient check your blood pressure daily.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR DIABETES BY PLANET AYURVEDA
These are poly herbal capsules. It helps you lower down your blood sugar level slowly and gradually. It will help you to manage your blood sugar, maintain your health and bring back your energy. It is made up of pure herbs. It causes no any side effects. It is made of herbs naming Momordica, Gymnema, Salacia, Pterocarpus marsupium. It helps you manage vata and kapha dosha which according to Ayurveda are root cause for diabetes.
INGREDIENTS OF DIABETA PLUS
- Gurmaar (Gymnema sylvestre) - it is known for controlling sugar for long times. It binds with sugar molecules in the intestine and prevents them from entering the bloodstream.
- Karela (Momordica charantia) - its common name is a bitter gourd. Its micronutrients help in treating diabetic complications.
- Vizaysaar (Pterocarpus marsupium) - it helps manage blood sugar level.
- Saptrangi (Salacia oblonga) - it is a very effective remedy for diabetes. It helps control diabetes.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) - it relieves anxiety. It is a useful drug for fatigue, weakness, neuropathy, and weight due to diabetes.
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) - it helps lowering blood sugar level and it can be used against various ailments like cancer, viral infections etc.
- For Type 1 / Insulin-Dependent Diabetes - 2 capsules daily twice, ½ before meals.
- For Type 2 / Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes - 4-6 capsules twice daily, ½ hour before meals.
To buy Diabeta Plus, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/dia-beta-plus