Home Remedies for Athlete's Foot
Athlete's Foot is also called Tinea pedis. It is an infection of the feet, which occurs due to the trichophyton fungus. This microorganism leads to itching, redness, cracking, scaling of the feet. It also affects different parts of the body resulting in red, round, painful, itchy, flakes and scaly patches all across the body. Men are more affected by this fungal infection.
If not treated properly, this infection can spread in various parts of the body as well. There are certain natural home remedies available, which help to treat the situation.
Effective Home Remedies
- Garlic has a lot of medicinal properties. It is anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and anti-septic in nature.
- Take few cloves of garlic to make paste, apply locally twice daily for few days.
- And just consume some cloves of garlic every day.
- You can keep the fungal infection at bay.
- Yogurt contains the active bacteria, acidophilus.
- It provides a tough fight to the trichophyton fungus.
- Consume one bowl of fresh yogurt every day with meal.
- It prevents the occurrence of Athlete's Foot to a huge extent.
- Lemon also contains a lot of nutrients, especially Vitamin C.
- Make a solution of lemon water.
- And apply it on the infected feet.
- You are bound to get fruitful results in a very short period of time.
- To make an ointment, chop some fresh flowers, and add it to coconut oil.
- Heat lightly and allow it to cool.
- The ointments are excellent remedy for athlete's feet and other skin infections.
- Keep the feet dry and clean
- Wear breathable sandals or shoes
- Apply talcum powder on the feet
- Change socks twice daily.