Mahua (Madhuca longifolia) - Herbal Remedy for Respiratory Disorders
- Botanical Name - Madhuca longifolia
- Family Name - Sapotaceae
- Other Name - Mahua
Uses of Mahua
- Hair problems
- Respiratory Problems
- Burning sensations
How to Use in Different Diseases?
- Mahuwa oil has emollient properties and is used in skin disease. Rheumatism and headache.
- It is also a laxative and considered useful in habitual constipation, piles and hemorrhoids and as an emetic.
- Tribals also used it as an illuminant and hair problems.
- Madhuka is a good vishaghna.
- Bark is used for rheumatism ulcers and diabetes mellitus.
- Flowers are used in cough cold and bronchitis.
- Madhuka is astringents, laxative tonic aphrodisiac and stimulant. It is useful is burning sensation in body, debility emaciation.
- Madhuca is a large tree popularly known as butter tree.
- The bark of this tree possesses anti-diabetic properties and helps lower blood sugar in diabetics.
Oil - Twice daily