Orange Peel (Citrus aurantium) - Herbal Remedy for Scurvy
- Botanical Name: Citrus aurantium
- Family: Rutaceae
- Other Name - Orange Peel
Uses of Orange Peel
- Nervous disorders
- Skin conditions
- Bronchitis conditions
- Upset stomach
How to Use in Different Diseases?
- An infusion of dried flowers is used as a mild nervous stimulant.
- The skin is used for extraction. The epicarp is a very versatile compound and is used for its astringent quality, as well as the fact that it helps to prevent skin fragility and perks up skin tone.
- The orange oil is used to treat chronic bronchitis.
- Tea made from dried orange flowers stimulates the nervous system.
- Feeding of orange oils, rich in limonene, seemed to inhibit tumors of fore stomach, lung and mammary tumors.
- It is also useful for scurvy.
- Oil - Twice daily
- Infusion - 15ml
- Tea - 2 to 4gm
Oil, Infusion, Tea