Skin and Ayurveda
In general, the skin has seven layers. According to Ayurveda, the epidermis is seen as an upadhatu of the rasa dhatu while the dermis is seen as a part of the mamsa dhatu. The skin belongs to the bahya marga (the external pathway of disease). The skin is much vulnerable to the toxins that are carried by rasa and rakta dhatus during the prasara stage of disease. This is responsible for the common nature of skin inflammations. According to Ayurveda, atopic dermatitis occurs due to a hypersensitive reaction in bahya marga which in turn leads to the long term inflammation of the skin. It causes itchy and scaly skin. A Person with vata skin type is at higher risk of getting atopic dermatitis because of excess dryness. Person with pitta skin type is also at more risk of developing this type of skin disorder, because of its greater irritant response.
Atopic dermatitis is one of a common skin disorders that affects a large proportion of population in the world. The exact cause of atopic dermatitis unknown, but this disorder seems to be the result of a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
There are various risk factors of the atopic dermatitis:
- Physical and mental stress
- Exposure to irritants and chemicals
- Poor nutrition is also an important risk factor for atopic dermatitis.
- Perfumes or dyes that are added to skin lotions or soaps
Symptoms of Atopic dermatitis
The common symptoms of Atopic dermatitis are listed below:
- Blisters with oozing or crusting is a common symptom of atopic dermatitis.
- Itching is also common.
- Dry skin all over the areas of bumpy skin on the back of the arms and front of the thighs.
- Redness of the skin and inflammation.
Herbal Remedies for Atopic Dermatitis by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda gives a range of various herbal remedies like Atopic Dermatitis Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of atopic dermatitis. Best quality herbs are put to use while preparing these remedies and adhering to the principles of Ayurveda. These remedies are utterly natural, pure and vegetarian. These remedies are free from chemicals, preservatives, additives and any side effects.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula - One capsules two times in a day with plain water after meals.
- Gandhak Rasayan - 2 tablets twice in a day with plain water after meals.
- Navkarshik Churna - One teaspoonful to 1 tablespoonful twice daily.
- Vetpalai Thailam - Apply it on affected area.
- Manadarin orange soap - Apply gently all over the body.
- Lippu oil - Apply it on affected area.
1. Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula
Ayurvedic treatment for Atopic Dermatitis by Planet Ayurveda has the Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula. This herbal product is free from any side effects. Herbs used in the formulation of this herbal product are given below.
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) - This herb is packed with blood purification properties and eliminates all the impurities from blood.
- Pitta papda (Fumaria officinalis) – This herb is also known quite well in relieving the symptoms of atopic dermatitis. It helps to provide relief in the itching, redness of skin, burning sensation of skin and inflammation of the skin.
- Chirata (Swetia chiretta) – All the parts of this herb possess the medicinal properties. Use of this herb is quite effective in the skin infections.
- Ghrit kumari (Aloe barbadensis) – This herb is commonly called as Aloe vera and known to be quite good to resolve the skin diseases.
2. Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayana has wide range of therapeutic properties and prophylactic activity. It is a Rasayana (rejuvenator), which promotes positive health and vigor. It stops aging and increases longevity in individuals by increasing immunity. Thus, makes the body to resist against various infections. It possesses antibacterial activity and stop the growth of bacteria. It is also a best remedy to treat atopic dermatitis.
3. Navkarshik churna
It is an effective combines therapy of various herbs, where they act as a waste and toxins removal, blood purifier, corrects metabolism of Pitta, work as immuno-modulator, anti-inflammatory. It removes toxins and effectively rejuvenate skin by working on Atopic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, burns and scales.
4. Vetpalai Thailam
This is natural herbal product for the treatment of atopic dermatitis. This product is only for external use. Application of this oil helps to ward off the symptoms of atopic dermatitis without causing any side effects on skin.
5. Manadarin Orange soap
Planet Ayurveda, Mandarin Orange soap is natural handmade bar. It replenishes the skin with minerals and maintain moisture content. It rejuvenate the skin and acts good moisturizing soap. The naturally manufactured soaps are skin friendly and do not induce hypersensitivity.
6. Lippu oil
It is a unique single formulation effectively works on the atopic dermatitis treatment, dry skin, Lichen Planus, Itchyosis, Allergic skin disorder. It effectively controls Trans Epidermal Water Loss and moisturizes skin.
To buy Atopic Dermatitis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/atopic-dermatitis-care-pack