Prickly Ash (Zanthoxylum americanum) - Herbal Remedy for Tooth Ache
- Botanical Name: Zanthoxylum Americanum
- Family Name: Rutaceae
- Other Name: Prickly Ash
Uses of Prickly Ash
- Skin conditions
- Blood problems
How to use in Different Diseases?
- It is useful for chronic rheumatism, typhoid and skin diseases and impurity of the blood
- The tonic is beneficial for debilitated conditions of the stomach and digestive organs, and is used in colic, cramp and cholera, in fever, ague, lethargy, for cold hands and feet and complaints arising from a bad circulation.
- The root powder is useful for toothache.
- The fluid extract of the plant is useful dyspepsia and indigestion.
- The root bark powder is to treat ulcers, old wounds for cleansing, stimulating, drying up and healing the wounds.
- The whole herb is to treat cholera, diarrhea, fatigue, fever, flatulence, gonorrhea, lumbago, paralysis, Raynaud's disease, rheumatism.
- Extract - 5 to 10ml
- Powder - 3 to 6 gm