Ulcerative Colitis is an inflammatory disorder, which is characterized by ulcer formation in the endothelial layers of the large intestine of the human body. This disorder may affect any individual irrespective of gender, age and occupation. The disorder is characterized by the following symptoms.
Common Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis
Some of the common symptoms and signs of this inflammatory disorder are the following:
- Deficiency of nutrients in the body
- Poor health condition
- Blood and mucous with the stool
This disorder occurs due to a number of major causes. These causes include too much consumption of unhygienic food items, spicy food, excess intake of alcohol, lack of proper sleep, lack of proper lifestyle and too much stress. Beside these causes, heredity and genetics have a huge role to play to cause this inflammatory bowel disorder.
Diet to be Followed to Treat Ulcerative Colitis
The patient must follow a balanced diet, which must have proteins, complex carbohydrates, fats, essential minerals, vitamins and all the elements of nutrition in appropriate quantities.
The patient facing this inflammatory disorder must avoid certain items completely. These items include coffee, soft drinks, aerated carbonated drinks, cheese, milk and other dairy products, dry peas, beans, kidney beans, chick peas and black gram. The patent must not consume raw vegetables, fruits with seeds, dried fruits, citrus fruits, nuts and popcorn. He must avoid hot sauce, white flour, pepper and too much spices, meat, ginger and garlic. Also, people with Ulcerative Colitis should avoid the consumption of high fiber diet. This is because; they find it absolutely difficult to digest the fibers. Generally, the fiber intake must be restricted to 2 grams per serving. To get rid of these inflammatory bowel disorders, the patient must strictly prohibit alcohol and packaged juice as well.
It is recommended to drink 50 ml of pomegranate juice two times on a daily basis. This helps to provide relief from bleeding and other painful symptoms of this inflammatory disorder. Consume banana, fresh yogurt, pumpkin, ridge guard, round guard, bottle guard, and juice of green grams, rose petals and marigold flower petals. Drink a cup of herbal tea made of coriander, cumin, fennel and thyme. Also, if possible, have some moong dal khichadi. These are very effective to treat Ulcerative Colitis. Also, it is advised to consume a lot of water and coconut water to make the bowel movement easy and efficient.
Also, the individual needs to get rid of any negative feeling like hatred, jealousy and anger. Also, he must leave behind all the stress and tension in order to get rid of this inflammatory disorder, which is highly painful.
Besides the diet, there are certain important naturally occurring herbs, which help to provide relief from Ulcerative Colitis.
Herbs to Treat Ulcerative Colitis
- Holarrhena antidysentrica – Kutaz : Kutaz or Vatsak is an effective herb, which has astringent, stomachic and carmitative characteristics. It has a healing impact on ulcers, dysentery and diarrhea. It alleviates inflammation and pain.
- Coriander sativum – Dhania : This herb has medicinal properties. It acts as an astringent, appetizer, liver stimulator. It also possesses antidyspeptic and digestive characteristics. It alleviates pain and swelling.
- Foeniculum Vulgare – Fennel : This herb contains anethole. It treats the bowel related disorders and the various signs and symptoms. It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties as well.
- Terminalia Arjuna – Arjuna contains wound healing, anti-inflammatory characteristics. It also maintains the hemoglobin in the blood of the individuals and provides relief from Ulcerative Colitis.
- Eletteria Cardomum - Choti elaichi - This herb provides treatment to the gastric related disorders. This essential Ayurvedic herb helps to treat the inflammatory disorder effectively.
Some other essential naturally occurring Ayurvedic herbs are bilwa and jaiphal. These herbs contain important pharmaceutical characteristics like anti-inflammatory, analgesic, blood detoxifying, liver stimulating properties. These also provide relief from bleeding, pain and inflammation to a huge extent.
Herbal Remedies of Ulcerative Colitis
Besides the naturally occurring herbs, there are certain Ayurvedic medicines as well provided by Planet Ayurveda. These Ayurvedic medicines together form a combo pack, known as the Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack.
- Vatsakadi Churna : 1 tablespoonful twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Pitta Balance : 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Arjuna Capsuels : 2 capsule twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Kutazghan Vati : 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meal.
To buy Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/ulcerative-colitis-care-pack.
These herbal medicines coupled with the herbs and the dietary recommendation will help the patients to get rid of the inflammatory painful disorder to a huge extent.